Re: MB Utility

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 01:04:04AM -0500, Richard F. Hobson wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Linux equivalent of motherboard utilities that
> provide MB status readout, such as CPU temp, stats, etc?  Specifically I
> am looking for such utilities for MSI motherboards...a linux equivalent
> to their "PCAlert utilities?
>
> I have not found any such utilities on any Motherboard Mfg. sites.

There's a package named "lmsensors" that can examine the various
hardware sensors (temp, voltage, fan speeds, etc.) on motherboards,
depending on the various chipsets in use. It's probably already part
of your Linux distribution.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                         While we were still sinners,