Re: Automounting USB drives

I know there are plenty of folks that use removable USB flash media
and/or USB external drives, so I'm hoping someone has solved this. I'm
attempting to have automount mount a Maxtor external USB drive when it's
plugged in, and unmounted when it's unplugged.

I'm sure someone else will give you the right answer / missing pieces for the automount part, but if you are implying that you want the drive to automatically be unmounted just by unplugging it, I don't think that is possible. I believe that Linux will need the chance to write out any memory-cached data to the drive before it "goes away" first...