Licenses for Libraries

Title: Licenses for Libraries

We are creating a application which will run on Linux. The question that we have is,
how do we know what licenses we are subject to. In order to determine this, I need to know what license governs the usage of the various libraries. So, if I know what library I am using, how do I determine what license governs its use, and where can I find a copy of the license?

We are developing on a RedHat 8 system.

Mark Kunkel
Election Systems & Software
(815) 397 - 8144  phone