Re: httpd.conf compatibility apache-2.x and 1.x ?

Red Hat has separated some things out and into 'include' files in the conf.d
directory, such as PHP and SSL, etc. Asside from this, I could not see any
significant changes.

On 11/19/03 8:12 AM, "Reuben D. Budiardja" <techlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
spoke thusly:

> Hello,
> Sorry if this is OT. Just a quick question. Is the httpd.conf from
> apache-1.3.x compatible with apache-2.x?
>
> The reason I'm asking is that we're planning to upgrade to RHEL 3 from RH 7.3
> and they use apache-2.x and 1.x respectively. I'm wondering if I need to redo
> all the configuration again or if I can just stick in the old httpd.conf.
> I've try to find it in apache website, but the manual is kinda overwhelming
> and I cannot quickly find the answer to that my question.
>
> Thanks.
> RDB

Craig D.

--