Re: After CUPS Security Update I Can No Longer Print To the Linux Machine From A Networked Windows XP Machine....

Graham wrote:

After CUPS Security Update I Can No Longer Print To the Linux Machine From A
Networked Windows XP Machine....

Did anyone else have this problem?

I took my time and did the upgrade a little late but after I did the
security update to CUPS (using the automated update feature) I can no longer
print to the HP printer connected to the Linux box from my work grouped
Windows XP machines (although I can still print to it from the Linux
machine).

It used to worked just fine.  I can "see" printer from the Windows machines
but it says "Access Denied, Unable to Connect".  I didn't change a thing on
the Linux side after the CUPS security update.  Printing just stopped
working from the Windows XP machines.

Does the update overwrite the CUPS config files?

Any help?

Thanks in advanced,

Graham

Hey Graham,

Not sure if you got this fixed yet or not, but I did have the same troubles. I tracked it down to the mime.convs and mime.types files. It was dealing with the raw filter that had been commented back out. After going into these two files and uncommenting out the "raw filter" lines everything worked fine again.

HTH!!

Lee Perez