Re: Redhat Professional Workstation <-- is only for 1 year

Ed Wilts <ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 08:13:13AM -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> >
> > Last impression I got on this topic, Redhat was still deciding what'll happen
> > to RHPW after 1 year. A lot of speculations here was suggested that it will
> > have 5 yr life time since it's based on RHEL ES.
> > Apparently that's not the case. RHPW is not renewable after 1 year, that
means
> > you have to upgrade with all the fun of reinstall and everything. Plus, it
> > says there is no "supported" upgrade path to RHEL.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this?
> > http://www.redhat.com/software/workstation/
> >
> > I am not happy.
>
> I'm friggin' hostile and *will* be following up on this.

Place right foot on ground in front of you.  Grasp revolver firmly in both
hands, aim at center of right foot.  Pull trigger firmly.  Repeat until it
stops hurting.

Did Red Hat just hire the people who used to make marketing decisions at
Caldera (now SCO, of infamous reputation)?  This is astonishingly like the
series of business/marketing decisions that totally decimated the customer
base, corporate and individual, there.  This is, bluntly, suicidal.  I like
what I've seen of professional workstation overall, and was preparing to
purchase it.  Now it appears to be a stillborn infant, and I not only won't
purchase, but will strongly advise against the purchase under these conditions.

Rick Forrister