Re: PuTTY SSH w/o a Password

Peter B. West wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. The current man page doesn't mention authorized_keys2 at all, so I assume that on the Redhat end it is safe to put all of the keys in authorized_keys. What is acceptable on other systems is another question. Within the past 2 years I have had to separate the keys on a remote system to get communication to work, and so I set up my local keys the same way. Where does PuTTY look?

It's not a matter of where PuTTY looks. OpenSSH's sshd depreciated the authorized_keys2 file somewhere back around 3.0.