Gnome hangs after samba/winbindd configuration

I wonder is anyone has seen this or can give me a clue.

I've configured Samba/Winbindd on a  Linux desktop to authenticate users
to a Windows domain controller, works great... but Gnome hangs for 15
minutes after the user is authenicated and then will continue as normal ?

FYI  - I've configured winbind in my pam modules in /etc/pam.d

Also using ssh works fine and domain users can log onto the system.

Any ideas.

Regards