Re: Why doesn't RedHat 9 contain linuxconf?

Salvador Santander wrote:
> Is there any reason for this? I think linuxconf is a good
> administration tool. Where can I get the last rpm's?

Basicly, RH used to include linuxconf without doing much QA on it.  The QA
that RH *did do* was to simply turn off a bunch of linuxconf modules.  And
since RH had no comunication with Jacques Gelinas, linuxconf was out of date
as soon as the distro was released.  Therefor, linuxconf was seen a buggy -
unjustly.  People who blasts linuxconf are the same people who used the
stock version that came with the distro - they should have upgraded at
http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/linuxconf/.

So RH did the best thing and stopped including products they didn't have
time to Q&A properly.  Wedmin is cool but it doesn't include a TUI and GUI
interface.  Linuxconf has all three.  And also granted webmin has many
developers on it, and Jacques is the one man show for linuxconf.

I can't live without linuxconf.  I still think there is nothing better than:
sendmail+linuxconf+vimap+bogofilter as an email server solution.  I serving
up 20 companies with that software combo with almost no effort - couldn't be
easier.

BTW, a fedora version of linuxconf should be out within a week.
-Eric Wood