Re: OT: something comparable to Openmail?

Hi,

> > > Does anyone know of any comparable open source
> Linux substitutes for the
> > > discontinued HP Openmail?
> >
> > Actually, the following company has licensed HP
> Openmail and plans to
> > release their own version based on it.  Granted,
> it won't be
> > open-source, but I don't think there are any free
> alternatives like
> > you're looking for.
> >
> > http://www.scalix.com/
> >
> Same story with this one... www.samsungcontact.com
> I think you can download a 5 user version for
> free...

Remember, Samsung bought HP Openmail, so if you're a
HP Openmail user then moving to Samsung contact it's
the same product, except with a bit more features and
updated version number.

The only thing which comes close is SUSE OpenExchange,
which is also a purchasable product (and with the
purchase of SUSE by Novell, it'll be hard to say what
will happen to it).

Michael.