Re: viewcvs

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 20:17, Jeff Wimmer wrote:

> Don't bother explaining yourself James.....some people on here think they're
> so much "better" and "smarter" than others.....and feel they need to be
> condescending to feel superior rather than help someone.  I just take
> arrogance as a sign of stupidity.

I don't feel I'm better or smarter than James.  Well, perhaps better at
finding/reading documentation, but that's probably the extent of that.
If you think I'm stupid, feel free to filter my posts to /dev/null.

> Hope you found what you needed, even though it's evident you were made to
> feel dumb for not reading what someone felt you OBVIOUSLY should have
> read/known.

I'm not the only one who feels the INSTALL/README files are requisite
documentation.  You'd be hard pressed to find *any* open-source projects
that don't contain these files for the explicit purpose of guiding new
users.

I'll admit, I'm a little on edge today.  The laziness of questions on
the redhat-list has been outlandish lately.  It has nothing to do with
being "better" or "smart".  It has everything to do with the basics of
thinking for yourself, learning for yourself, using the most
introductory tools that these incredible developers have provided us.

Sorry if I've offended.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting