Re: What's the best Study Guide for RHCE Exam???

On November 11, 2003 04:18 pm, Dave Martini 1 wrote:
> Hi everyone I was wondering if you could give me recommendations
> on the best study guide book for the RHCE exam?
> Also, does the test cover Red Hat version 9 as well as
> RHEL 2.1?
>
> Thanks much.
>
> David Martini
> LLNL

I don't know that there is a specific study guide that could be recommended.
When I got mine the i had to get a book that was a version old (RHCE Study
Guide, McGraw Hill) but work paid for it :) It served as a good check list.
You should get the Prereq list & the Exam Prep info from RH.
http://www.redhat.com/training/rhce/examprep.html
http://www.redhat.com/training/rhce/courses/rh300_prereq.html

The best prep you can do is actually install, config etc everything that is in
the lists. This is not to be taken lightly, it is a performance based cert
and you really need to have done these things, not just studied them or tried
them out as you go thru the book. While the books are a good reference, they
will not help you pass, lots of hours on the system and experience is what is
needed.

Are you taking the Fast Track or just the exam?
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce