RE: fsck allways fails after unclean shutdown on redhat 9 - help!

do you have ext2 or ext3 file system?

Llorens

-----Mensaje original-----
De: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] En nombre de martynas@xxxxxxx
Enviado el: martes, 11 de noviembre de 2003 13:37
Para: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: fsck allways fails after unclean shutdown on redhat 9 - help!

Hello,

I installed redhat 9 on several systems and have one big problem. After
unclean shutdown fsck allways fails - fsck checks file system and after that
it ALLWAYS drops me to repair shell. In most cases after that fsck shows
(when I run fsck manually from repair shell), taht system is CLEAN! So, it
MUST to pass fsck automatically and lload the system. In this situation, I
had some cases, when I had to go to redhat 9 system (that is in other place I
work), run fsck manually and get the result, that FS is clean;/

In previuos version (redhat from 6.0 to 7.3) there was no such nonsense
(dropping to repair shell was only if system has SERIUOS problems).

So, could somebody help me, or maybe somebody knows, what is changed in
redhat 9 to make such things...

regards,

Martynas