Re: Rép. : Re: RH9 mail/sendmail behavior

>On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 13:48, Steve Cowles wrote:
> >On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 09:24, Georges Rosset wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your answer.
> >
> > Unfortunately no. This machine will be hosting a Lotus
Domino
> > server which has a daemon listening on port 25. Therefor
sendmail
> > must not be running as a daemon.
> >
> > All what I need is to send all my administrative Linux
e-mail to
> > a central help desk for monitoring. And I have a lot of
scripts
> > already running on the old machine (RH7.2) which uses "mail
> > xxx@xxxxxxxx".
> > Really, the simplest way would be that I could configure
> > mail/sendmail on RH9 to have the same behavior as RH7.2...
> > However, I spent already a couple of days on it and have
not
> > found the solution.
> >
> > Georges Rosset
> >

>Since I can't recreate your lotus domino stuff at this end, I
can only
>show you an example of how I send e-mails to a central mail
server
>without sendmail running on the sending system (see below). If
all else
>fails, open /usr/share/sendmail-cf/README and search for the
section
>called "MESSAGE SUBMISSION PROGRAM" -and- for the feature
"msp". Should
>point you in the right direction in achieving your goal.

>Anyway, in my /etc/mail/submit.mc file...

>1) I changed the following line:

>From:
>FEATURE(`msp', `[127.0.0.1]')dnl

>To:
>FEATURE(`msp', `[smtp.mydomain.tld]')dnl

>2) Type "make" in the /etc/mail directory to recreate
submit.cf

>BTW: Is your domino server already running on this system your
trying to
>configure? i.e. Is it listening on port 25.
>Steve Cowles

Thank you for suggestion. I have tried and of it works fine for
all mail sent to outside (xxx@xxxxxxx) using the relay defined.
However, system mail sent to root are not being processed and
the aliases database is not used either,,,,

The domino serve is not installed yet on this machine. But I
don't wish to use the mail deamon of Lotus, as some of my scripts
are monitoring what Domino does and I rather keep all the
security and monitoring on the Linux level. Anyway, the problem
will remain for local mail sent locally to root and the aliases
databse not being used..

Back to the drawing board...

Georges Rosset