RE: Strange IP forwarding behaviour

enable ip forwarding in /etc/sysctl.conf.  u need to set this line:

net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

then do a sysctl -p to reload it.  this way, everytime your network
service restarts, it ip_forward will always be 1.

not sure where it is actually set but whenever the network service
is restarted, your /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward will always be 0.

hth.

/erik