From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Galecki, Jason
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 2:46 PM
To: 'redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: patches

The reason not everyone can look at the latest and greatest is because
products like Veritas, CA Unicenter, Best1, which are used in our enterprise
network as "standards".  Hence, I'm stuck using Redhat 8, which is the only
thing supported by all 3.  We may have to move to ???, when Redhat 8 is no
longer updated.

Jason Galecki

The Red Hat end-of-lifecycle for those products are nearing.  They will
not be actively supported (i.e. patched for problems, enhancements,
etc.)  Through up2date, however, you can migrate your system to Fedora
Core (or pretty much to any still-active release).

Unless you were a server admin (in which case you would be looking at AS
or ES), I don't see a point why you wouldn't want the latest and
greatest.

--
Michael Lee Yohe <michael.yohe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command Software Engineering Directorate