Re: firewall configuration - some ports work, others don't

On Thursday, November 6, 2003, at 10:46 AM, David C. Hart wrote:
On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 10:31, Ken Rossman wrote:
Someone suggested using webmin to check on things and fix them up...
Downloaded it, tried it, found and fixed the net service problems I
was having in just minutes.

That was me but there IS a problem. You really need to review what you do in Webmin or it becomes a crutch. Even that may be OK but packages are likely to change prior to the Webmin modules changing.

Agreed. I still need to find out what happened under the covers, but
since I have all the code here too, I should be able to glean what
functions were performed from that. Webmin was great, though, for quickly
locating and fixing a problem.

BTW, it's also the best graphical CD burner that I have found. On the
other hand the NTPD module sucks and the Postfix module is worthless
(IMO).

OK, so it needs a little work. What package doesn't? :-)