Re: sendmail update

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 11:50:52AM +0100, Salvador Santander wrote:
> Hello. We're going to update from redhat 7.2 to redhat 9. I want to make a
> clear installation ( not update, because there are many services configured
> manually and I want to install everything we need with rpm's ) and configure
> all the services. My main trouble is configure sendmail, and I've thought in
> install redhat 9 and copying the configuration files of sendmail of redhat
> 7.2. Is this possible? Which files I need to copy?

You need most of the files in /etc/mail plus /etc/aliases.  The key
configuration file sendmail is sendmail.mc which is used to recreate
sendmail.cf.  However, some configuration entries have changed from the
version of sendmail that comes with 7.2 versus the current version.  I
strongly recommend that you take the supplied sendmail.mc and compare it
line-by-line with the old sendmail.mc and make the appropriate changes.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx