RE: [OT] Novell takes over SuSE (was: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers")

I like SuSE.  They don't give away ISO's however.  They don't give away
the packaging scheme for  you to make your own CDs either.  You can
download everything on to a disk drive, you can install over ftp (yuck),
or you can go buy Personal or Professional (people on this list would
want Professional).  You would do that unless you want to purchase
Enterprise or SuSE Desktop.  SuSE Desktop comes with Code Weavers (to
run MS Office programs), and a bunch of other desktop goodies, and I am
assuming SuSE "Desktop" speaks for itself as to its usage.

I think for the price alone I'll stick with RH Fedora.  If you want SuSE
you can buy support.  Their people are very nice and easy to work with.
You can email them support questions all day long if you have bought a
box set of SuSE (no charge for the email support....at least that was
the way it was about a year ago).

Fedora....free ISO's.  :-D

Wade