RE: Fedora vs Enterpise - Home/Development

Nick Wilson wrote:-
> * and then Matthew Galgoci declared....
> > My take on the whole Fedora thing is that it is best
> > summarized as the 'Debianization'
> > of Red Hat Linux. I'm sure there are plenty
> > of purists that disagree with me, but that's
> > how I see it personally.
> What would 'debianizing' mean? - I'm not familiar enough
> to work out your meaning?

I wouldn't want to try to speak for Matthew Galgoci because (a) he can do
that for himself and (b) he and I might not agree on what 'Debianized'
means... but to me, 'Debianized' means 'stripped of all good-looking
features, heated and re-heated until all flavor has gone, outdated but
dressed up as stable, and supported by grouchy, elitiest users intent on
humiliating newcomers for pleasure'. If Fedora goes down that road, God help
it.

OTOH, Debian does have a nice packaging system. :)

-Hugo