Re: squidGuard blacklists don't work

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 21:40, Fajar Priyanto wrote:

> Dear All,
> I wonder why my squidGuard blacklists don't seem to be working at all. I've
> downloaded a script,  adjusted according to my box and run it to
> automatically update the lists. It run successfully by the reports it
> produced.
>
> Then I checked sG using webmin, and it said that the blacklists were disabled.
> So, I enabled it. There was a lot of disk activities when I clicked on the
> save button to enable it. I didn't know what webmin did. Then I also enabled
> the blacklists in the ACL.
>
> However, when I tested it, the blacklists didn't work. There was this zzz2.com
> domain that was blacklisted, but yet I still could open it.

How did you test it?  You do have your broswer pointing to squid, right?

We did the transparent proxy thing at my brothers office by reidiecting
all port 80 traffic from the lan to squids port so that no change on the
50+ windows boxes were needed.  works like a champ

Please give more information about how you tested it.

Bret