Re: Fedora vs Enterpise - Home/Development

> Cool. And it's all RPM based with updates available for free? - I'll go
> take a closer look at the official write ups but it is nice to hear it
> from someone running it!

Let's be clear here. updates for free will probably mean snag the latest rawhide
package. I don't really mind this myself.

> I had to build new versions of GTK et al to get the latest gimp running
> on RH9 and the system has never fully recovered. I was going to try
> debian but fedora sounds quite exciting..

My take on the whole Fedora thing is that it is best summarized as the 'Debianization'
of Red Hat Linux. I'm sure there are plenty of purists that disagree with me, but that's
how I see it personally.

My $0.02

--

Matthew Galgoci		"If you were a woman I'd kiss you right now."
System Administrator