Re: two network adapters

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carsten" <carsten@xxxxxx>
To: "redhat-list" <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 11:18 PM
Subject: two network adapters

> Dear all,
>
> my network card worked fine with the following configuration:
>
> DEVICE=eth0
> BOOTPROTO=none
> IPADDR=192.168.1.3
> NETMASK=255.255.255.0
> ONBOOT=yes
> GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
> TYPE=Ethernet
> NETWORK=192.168.1.0
> BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
>
> I introduced a second network card. kudzu recognized and configured:
>
> DEVICE=eth1
> BOOTPROTO=none
> IPADDR=192.168.1.4
> NETMASK=255.255.255.0
> ONBOOT=yes
> GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
> TYPE=Ethernet
> NETWORK=192.168.1.0
> BROADCAST=192.168.1.255

why whould you like to use two cards on the same network?
Lets assume that you are just trying to experiment then consider the case
that the system tries to find which card to use for routing this traffic and
it finds two route probably this confuses the system to select the route
hence no output.
I would suggest that ip add. of one of the card should be changed along with
its default gateway

> Now, I am unable to ping the router 192.168.1.1. If I put ONBOOT=no in
> device eth1 and restart the network, the ping to 192.168.1.1 responds.
Cheers
Amish