problem with pine

Hi,
	We have two domains "gdit.iiit.net" and "students.iiit.net". Both
of them map to the same IP-address. This IP-address is of a machine which
runs a mail server. The OS is Redhat Linux 9.0.
	Now on that server, whenever I use pine to send a mail, if I set
domain name as "gdit.iiit.net"(in pine options) and send a mail to someone
it goes instantaneously. But if I set my domain name as
"students.iiit.net" and send a mail to someone, it takes abt 2-3 mins.
	I dont face this problem when I use mutt to send mails.
	Could someone plzzz tell me what the problem cud be ? Atleast cud
u plz guide me as to how to go about troubleshooting this problem ??

In anticipation,
   Rahul.