Re: Messages from printer queue

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 04:18:46PM -0500, LeeLambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am in need of some support.  I am running Red Hat 7.3 on my servers.  The
> last two weeks I have had users receiving emails from the printers on my
> network.
> They just state "message from printer queue" ofcourse the name of the
> printer is stated within the subject.  The messages sent are things like,
> out of paper, or paper jam.
>
> I have no idea how this is working or how to get it to work all the time.
> I would love to be able to receive mail from my printers like this.

It's quite possible that this is happening from inside the printer.
It's got absolutely nothing to do with your Linux server, except that
the e-mail may go through your server's MTA.  Have a look at the full
mail headers and you might have a better understanding of where those
messages originate.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx