Re: maillog warning

This means that the user 'xyz' has started the sendmail process with
the -bs option. This option will allow the user to communicate with
sendmail using the SMTP protocol on standard input. Therefore, the user
'xyz' will
be able to specify SMTP commands (in particular, MAIL FROM command) with
any parameters he want. This could allow the user, for example,
to forge sender's address (not only in the message headers, but also
in the SMTP session). This possibility is usually considered
undesirable,
so sendmail warns administrator about use of -bs option.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux
http://www.brainbench.com