eth0 not starting on bootup

I have my server configured to where the only network device that activates on boot is eth0.  This morning, I changed the name of my server and rebooted.  After that, the eth0 interface is now no longer starting when the computer boots.  Nor does it even go through the “bringing up eth0 internface” that you normally see when Red Hat starts.  When I type in the command “ifconfig eth0 up” the interface comes up, but does not have the statically defined address settings that it has always had.  I had to end up creating an new interface eth0:1 which is a virual setup just so I could get connectivity.  Now that connectivity has been established and I have told this interface to now start on bootup, red hat still does the same thing.  None of the interfaces that I have destined for startup will activate on boot.  Is there a startup file of some kind that I may need to modify or some kind of script so that the interface will start on boot?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darryl