Re: Please Help Fast! /VAR is Full !

Staven Bruce wrote:

I am running Red Hat 7.3 and I came in this morning and found /var was at
100%. A quick 'du /var' showed that my /var/spool/mqueue directory as at
145MB ! Usually my /var directory is at 46% on my machine, and I believe
that this is all the result of a cron job I started yesterday that runs
hourly.

I really need to find out how I can clear the mqueue. The device is full
according to the system, so I can't use 'sendmail -q'. I don't care if I
loose all the messages in the que, they don't contain anything important and
there are no other users on the machine besides myself. Can I 'rm * ' all
the files in /var/spool/mqueue? I just need to get them out of there!

you can delete the files in /var/spool/mqueue the mails will be gone!

Also, if someone can tell me how to turn off the automatic e-mail from cron
I would appreciate it!

make sure that there is no output from the conjob, and you will get no mail! that's the trick the rest of use use.

I have a lot of cronjobs running, and live by "no news is good news". I there is any output, it means that an error has occured, and I have to take a look at it!

- asbjørn

Thanks,

Staven