Problems with Resolving when ETH and PPP are Up!

Hi All,

I am trying to build a linux internet server with PPP0 as the External Interface and ETH0 as the Internal interface which connects to other computers on the LAN. My issue is that whenever I keep the ETHO inetrface up and then start a dial up connection the linux box is not able to resolve websites. On the contarary if i keep the ETHO interface down and then connect the PPP0 connection it is able to resolve? Pls guide me where I am going wrong?
My resolv.conf shows the following entries

nameserver 192.168.0.254
search linuxserver.cyberhutoman.com
name server 212.72.23.4 # tmp PPP0 ( I get this after I make a connection)
name server 212.72.1.186 # tmp PPP0

Eth0
Ip Address 192.168.0.254
Mask 255.255.255.0
GW 192.168.0.254

In /etc/nsswicth.conf
DNS files

In named.conf
forwarders 212.72.23.4 (This is my ISPs DNS server which I have enabled as forwarders)

Help will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Harish