Re: question about 'su -'

>just type su instead of su -

While leaving off thge "-" option will indeed leave you in the same place,
it will also not get you 100% root environment.  You still have some of the
original user's environment, hence the not cding to root's home.

I prefer to use "su -", but do a "pwd" before doing so, if I need to get to
the same location.  I just do a "cd" with a cut-n-paste of the location.
Simple, plus I get the complete environment.

MB

--
e-mail: vidiot@xxxxxxxxxx                                /~\ The ASCII
                                                         \ / Ribbon Campaign