up2date

hi list,

I am trying to figure out up2date...

after some searching, I found that this works to rollback the most recent
up2dates:

# up2date --nox --undo

the --nox is so up2date doesnt try to launch the GUI.

Now my only problem is enabling the rollback option. I have a RH8 system
that has the enableRollbacks feature in up2date --configure however my RH7.2
system does not. I installed the latest version of rhn_register and up2date
(for the SSL cert change), but the option still is not present.

I looked at /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date config file, and the enableRollbacks=
variable is not there. I know rollbacks are a feature in the latest versions
of rpm and up2date (which are installed on this 7.2 system). I was about to
simply add 'enableRollbacks=yes' to the config file, but the file says ' #
do not edit this file '.

has anyone ever made an entry into their up2date config file like this?

thanks