Re: Thoughts on Fedora

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 01:13:52PM -0400, David C. Hart wrote:
> The last time I checked, RedHat is not a not-for-profit corporation.
> While we have been effective lab rats, I suspect that few RH9 users have
> subscribed to upgraded support. To distribute Linux, the license
> requires RH to make a version available for download.

Which license are you reading?  Red Hat's responsibility is making
source available to those they distribute their binaries to.  That's it.
They can close their source distributions for Enterprise Linux today and
they're still compliant as long as their Enterprise customers have
access to the sources somehow (and RHEN probably meets the legal
requirement).

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx