Re: Network Problem-solved..Now another problem

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 07:19:42PM +0400, Harish Sabnani wrote:
> Anyways now I have another issue,I am not able to change my hostname,I have
> changed entries in the /etc/hosts file but each time I reboot it gets back
> the old hostname, I have also deleted the file
> /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/hosts! Pls suggest where else I
> have to look.

PLEASE trim your postings.  There were no less than SEVEN copies of the
4 mailing list footer lines.  These contribute absolutely nothing to the
discussion and are waste of bandwidth when you include them in your
followup.  The vast majority of the post you included in your question
had nothing to do with your new question.

As for changing the hostname, edit /etc/sysconfig/network and restart
the network.

http://www.google.com/linux is your friend.  You can use a search string
of "change host name red hat" and you'll find your answer in the thread
pointed to in the 2nd link.  You could also have gone to
http://www.redhat.com/archives/redhat-list/ and used a search string of
"change host name" and it would have popped up on the first page.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx