Postgres, MySQL, and Firebird.

Hey everyone,

	I'm writing a couple of applications, and I often find that
MySQL doesn't have some features I need.  I was wondering if anyone
knows much about Postgres and Firebird Performance compared to MySQL or
anything else?  Any information is greatly appreciated.  I'm noticing
that Postgres says it performs a fork per connection.  That doesn't
sound good at all.  So, I guess I'm looking to start a list discussion
if possible.

Thanks,

Wade Chandler
Software Engineer