Media Player Errors

Hello List.  This may be a question that is better addressed to a KDE
list, but I thought I'd start here.  I have a customer that gets a
couple errors when trying to open the KDE MPEG player.  He gets the
errors if he tries to open the player from the menu or by double
clicking on the file he wants to view.  Below are the errors:

This is in a Noatun window under the General tab:
"Short description
The application Noatun (noatun) crashed and caused the signal 11
(SIGEGV)."

"Connecting/starting aRts soundserver failed.  Make sure that artsd is
configured properly."

We're running 7.2.   Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Haley