Re: How to add an icon to the desktop?

On Monday 20 October 2003 17:58, Andre Kirchner wrote:

> I'm using RH9 with Blue Curve desktop, and I'm trying
> without success to add an application to a menu. Does
> anyone know how do I do it, or where can I find
> information about it?

Your subject says "add an icon to the desktop?" but your email says "add
an application to a menu".

I'm using KDE, RHL9, BlueCurve, and here's how I add icons to the
desktop:

To add an icon to the desktop right click on the desktop and choose
"Create New | Link to Application" or "Create New | Link to Location".

However, if I'm creating an icon that points to a directory, I like to
create a regular linux symbolic link using ln ("man ln"), as I like the
green arrow it puts on the folder icon, to point out it's a link.

I have no idea how to modify the menu; the K help system has a section
called "KDE user's manual"; in it, section 6 purports to expplain how
to do it, but the menu entry it says to use isn't in the default Red
Hat menu.  So I hope someone else will tell us how to modify the menu.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation