Redhat 9 install going comatose on me

Hey all,

I just replaced my Windows XP OS with Redhat 9, and so far it's working pretty darn well. I also have CrossOver Office for running the few MS apps I need, and even that seems pretty darn good.

I am only having one problem that is really irking me. When I leave the machine alone for, say, 10 minutes. I typically come back to instead of the screen saver, a blank screen. Keyboard and mouse activity fail to wake it, and I am forced to reboot the machine.

It never locks up on me while I am at the machine, only when I leave it alone for 10 minutes or so.

It is a very generic Pentium machine, and I have also turned off any power management stuff I could find in the bios.

Any ideas?

I am loving running Redhat because we have FreeBSD servers to do various services for our supporters and it works so well with them, I'd probably have to be hospitalized if I were forced to go back to Windows... *shudder*
--
Skip Evans
Network Project Director

NCSE now has a one way broadcast news list.
Please note that this is NOT a discussion
list. You cannot post messages for members
to receive. We use this list to broadcast
news about the creationism/evolution issue
to interested parties.

To sign up send:
subscribe ncse your@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
to: majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxx