DSNs thru Sendmail after domino migration

Title: DSNs thru Sendmail after domino migration

Hi Folks

    I have a problem with the delivery confirmation for SMTP messages. I have a Domino Server for internal Mail routing and this server connects to a local Linux server configured with sendmail for SMTP service. When I send a mail with in the domino domain, I get a delivery confirmation (DSN). During SMTP mail transfer the mails are getting delivered but I am unable to get a delivery notification.

   This problem has started after migrating from Domino R4.5 to Domino R 5.06. The configuration on the domino server has been made to suite the setup. I suspect the problem to be with the sendmail service, may be it is not able to acknowledge the mail recipt to the domino server due to which DSNs for SMTP mails are not getting initiated.

  Kindly let me know if any cahnges can be done to resolve this.

Additional Details:
Domino R 5.06
Linux: RedHat 7.2
Sendmail: 8.11.6
Linux machine connects to the internet thru Dial up.
POP service runs thru Fetchmail.