Re: What's the easiest way to deal with dependencies???

At 10:10 10/17/2003, you wrote:
I am trying to install a 3rd. party package and there are many dependencies.
What's the best way to find these packages that it needs?

up2date will automatically resolve all dependencies for Red Hat-supplied packages, and there are tools like yum, current, and apt-get which work in a similar way for third-party packages. I do not have any experience with them as yet, but I see apt-get (and its GUI front end, synaptic) mentioned very favorably on these lists all the time.

I tried http://rpmfind.net and typed in some of the ones below
but some don't come up.

In the first column you can also type the filename, like "libkdecore.so.4" and it should find which package provides that filename.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx