Re: kickstart install from a RH9 DVD via USB?

> > We need to deploy RH9 to a few places where outside network access is a
> > no-go.  So, here's what I was thinking, and I'd sure appreciate any
> > help/suggestions I could get.

<snip>
> Well, no reply, so this is what I did:
>
> 01) Fresh RH9 install on the computer with all of the required packages
> (httpd, etc).
> 02) Copy the /root/anaconda-ks.cfg file to a floppy for later modification
> 03) mkdir /tmp/rh9
> 04) do a "cp -r /mnt/cdrom/* /tmp/rh9" for each of the three cd's.
> 05) mkdir /tmp/rh9/up2date
> 06) cd /tmp/rh9/up2date
> 07) wget the new up2date rpms
> 08) rpm -Uvh *.rpm
> 09) up2date --register
> 10) up2date --download --tmpdir=/tmp/rh9/up2date
> 11) cd /tmp/rh9
> 12) mkisofs -J -r -T -l -V 'RH-9-Shrke' \
> -b images/bootdisk.img \
> -c boot.catalog \
> -o /tmp/shrike-dvd.iso .
>
> Then I copied the .iso image over to my windows machine and burned the DVD
> from there.
<snip>

Okay, I know, I've replied to my own post twice now, but I wanted to get
this into the archives.  The process that I detailed above works, with one
exception.  In step #4 above, the cp -r does not copy hidden files.  This
means that you have to manually copy the /.discinfo from RH9 CD1 to the
temporary directory before making the iso image.  Otherwise it doesn't
install.

Ben