Re: How do you tell what options are compiled in your kernel

Douglas Phillipson wrote:
I'm wanting to use Samba for a Domain Controller and was having trouble changing permissions on files through samba from the Microsoft desktop.

IIRC, you have to have a PDC to do that, ACLs or no.

I was told you need to turn ACL's on in the Linux filesystem. How do you tell what options are compiled into the default kernel you get after an install from CD?

Look at /boot/config-`uname -r`

I would like to start with a config file that matches my kernel then add ACL's.

You'll have to patch kernels that don't have ACLs already. I'd recommend using SGI's kernel and an XFS filesystem instead.

http://www.oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/