Error with gnutls

Hi everyone,

I have reached my level of patience with gnutls. everytime i try to run
the configure script of gnutls, i get the following error

*** Checking for external libraries...

checking for libgcrypt-config... /usr/local/bin/libgcrypt-config
checking for libgcrypt - version >= 1.1.43... no
*** Could not run libgcrypt test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding LIBGCRYPT or finding the wrong
*** version of LIBGCRYPT. If it is not finding LIBGCRYPT, you'll need to
set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if
that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it,
although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying
LD_LIBRARY_PATH
***
configure: error:
***
*** libgcrypt was not found. You may want to get it from
*** ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/pub/gcrypt/alpha/libgcrypt/

I have installed libgcrypt 1.1.43. I tried to change the ld.so.conf file
so that it contains an entry for my libgcrypt-config file. I also tried
setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable in the csh_login file. None of these
worked. If someone has installed gnutls and knows how to solve this error
plz respond. I am using redhat 7.3.

Thanks,
Rahul.