Re: Installing Mysql on 9.0

I deleted the mysql directory from the /usr/local
folder and re-install.

when I tried to run the the following commadn it
didn't work.

I ran the command from the /usr/local/myssql

./bin.mysqladmin -u root -h cscmail.rchaland.ibm.com
password 'test1test'

it came with the error:
./bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at
'cscmail.rchland.ibm.com' failed

error: 'Lost coonection to MySql server during query'

What is miising? If i need to do anything with the
hosts table!

--- "Eduardo A. dela Rosa" <EAdelaRosa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>