Re: Pretty Printing

> I am asking about printing my perl code itself, and not about printing
from within Perl.
> For example, I am have 1000 line Perl program which I want to print on my
HP printer.
> I can use enscript as in:
>
> $enscript -2 -dprinter myperlprogram.pl
>
> Or I can use lpr or trueprint or mprint. But none of them are Perl aware,
i.e., they do not highlight subroutines, etc.
> Trueprint for example, "understands" C code, and can mark C functions
while printing so that they are very easy to read when printed on paper.
> I am hoping there is a utility which if used to print my perl program will
make reading the program easier.
> (I understand that writing easy to read Perl code is the first step. :-) )

Have you tried a2ps?  It has a perl pretty printing "sheet file".  I don't
have any experience with perl printing specifically, but in my light usage
I've found a2ps to be superior to enscript.  ymmv.

a2ps is also part of the redhat distribution, though I don't recall whether
it is included in a default workstation installation.

Hope that helps,

Wayne