SNMP + MRTG... WTF?

Hey, all:

I have set out to learn how to install MRTG, but it's proving harder than I thought to find instructions. I know that I have to set up SNMP first (yes, ucd-snmp and ucd-snmp-utils are installed), but I cannot figure out how. After that I know I have to configure MRTG, but I cannot figure out how.

Googling has not helped, the LDP has no HOWTO with either the letters "mrtg" or "snmp" in the title, every man page I can find is unhelpful, as is the author's website. Can anyone, PLEASE, point me to an $!@#!% FM? I'll happily R it, when I can find it!

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx