USB Wireless question

I have an old (Toshiba Pentium 166) laptop and the pcmcia wireless card (Linksys) doesn't seem to work with it under Linux or Windows 98SE, so I got a Linksys WUSB12 USB wireless adapter. This one does work under W98SE but I'd prefer to stick with Linux on this machine.

Have any of you gotten this USB wireless nic to work with Linux? I'm currently running RH 8 with the stock kernel on this laptop, but I can install RH9 if it supports it better. Or, if you could point me to a link or how-to that would work. I found a site with info to set up the pcmcia card, but my laptop doesn't seem to work with it, that's why I got this USB adapter.

Thanks,
Kerry Miller
Victoria, TX