problems with Intel se7501wv2 server board

Hi,

I'm trying to put redhat 9 on an intel se7501wv2
server motherboard.  The intel board has an adaptec
aic-7902 built in.  This is a dual channel 320 scsi
chip that also supports hardware raid.

If I just install redhat 9 on one drive it works fine,
but if I put two scsi drives on it and create a mirrored
raid 1 using the adaptec scsiselect utility and try to
load redhat 9, it says there are no harddrives....  I'd
like to do this in hardware if possible, does anyone
know how to make this work or if it even will?  Usually
if you do a hardware raid, the OS is blissfully unaware
of it and the hardware takes care of presentation but
something odd is going on here.

Thanks for any help etc..

Bill

--