Re: Server Install

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 17:08, David C. Hart wrote:
> I might want to re-install RH 9 on our server. The thing is tucked away
> in a cool closet - no KB, mouse or monitor.
>
> Is there a clever way to do a clean install from a hard drive with SSH
> or shall I prepare to temporarily swap out Mouse, KB and Monitor?
>
> Thanks!

Seems like if you set the DISPLAY variable

Working ...  Ca-Ching!

from the installation guide additional boot args

display=IP:0

    This command allows remote display forwarding. In this command, IP
should be replaced with the IP address of the system on which you want
the display to appear.

    On the system you want the display to appear on, you must execute
the command xhost +remotehostname, where remotehostname is the name of
the host from which you are running the original display. Using the
command xhost +remotehostname limits access to the remote display
terminal and does not allow access from anyone or any system not
specifically authorized for remote access.

I have not tried this but it looks cool.

Bret