Re: red hat 10 release date

On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 21:28, Michael Mansour wrote:

> I remember when the FUD about Red Hat occured that
> time, and remember that it was mentioned that
> Motorola, owning a sizeable share of Red Hat, won
> itself a seat on Red Hat's board. And who owns
> Motorola? you guessed it, Microsoft...

What kind of FUD is that?  Motorola is a publicly held company with over
2 billion shares outstanding.  MS and MOT hav edoen a few deals in the
wireless arena but I have never heard that MS held a substantial
interest in MOT let alone a controlling share.  According to Morningstar
>25% of the shares are owned by funds but I could not find anything
about  additional ownership and Dont feel like digging through the SEC
filings to see if any one company owns a huge chunk.

Additionally, I feel like MS owning/controlling the company that makes
the cpu that apple computers are based on would have made the news.

Please keep blanket FUD statements like this to yourself.

Bret