Re: Centralised Virus Scanner

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Des Dougan wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 03:46, vijaya wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Could any one recommend me a a Virus Scanner which can be centralised and i
> > can schedule it to scan all systems on the my network.
> >
> > the server is a linux redhat machine and all pcs are windows
> >
> > Thanks and regards,
> > Vijaya
> >

> Sophos Anti-Virus (www.sophos.com) is an excellent multi-platform AV
> solution.
>
> <blatant plug>
>
> If you're in Canada, I can sell it to you.
>
> /<blatant plug>

While I totally agree...Sophos is an excellent AV solution especially when
paired with MailScanner...it is also very expensive for a hobbist or SOHO
unless things have changed.

ClamAV is open source and is really quite good.  Also, F-Prot provides
their commercial scanner free for home/non-professional use.  The same
goes for TrendMicro's scanner.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer